• Lace (preferably cotton) or broderie anglais (eyelet lace) in black or white: They provide beautiful contrast details with black or white solid areas under the pierced designs of the lace or eyelet lace.
• Ribbon in classic velvet, satin or rickrack in either black or white look great as contrast detail on the opposite color or on black and white prints.
• Polka dots – white on black or black on white:
Dots are the happiest of prints and everything looks more cheerful with them.
• Gingham Ribbon: The all time favorite for a country look and for the relaxed elegance of Swedish Gustavian style. This traditional design looks particularly good in black and white.
• Tartan: You don’t have to be Scottish for this variation of gingham, but if you are it is natural choice. Add black or white velvet.
• Flower print like daisies or roses: Use black ribbon with a white design on fabric that is white with a black print –and visa versa. You thus aim for a negative/ positive effect.
• Ribbons with geometric designs will suit a formal look, but checker blocks and jaunty stripes will be great with informal themes too.
When you choose your ribbon, think about what fabric you might use in other wedding projects and see that your choices coordinate. Black and white ribbon teams beautifully with patterned designs like granny print sprigs, rose prints, dots, stripes and ticking stripe. And with solid colors like brights or pastels.
Anni Arts has Black and White Wedding printables in a pretty BW paper-cutout design, as downloads, CD and scrapbook items. White favor box is from the Anni Arts Fun Packs Collection. Also see the BW Birdcage Collection and Silver Folk hearts.
Anni Arts has professionally designed and illustrated printable crafts, templates and graphics specially created for crafters by designer Anneke Lipsanen http://www.anniarts.com/
You may use this article in its entirety as long as the Anni Arts credit above is included
• Printables with a birdcage and lovebird theme in Black and White or in Black and White plus pink or red
• Silver and white make a nice alternative and is also applicable to silver wedding anniversaries
• See the whole Anni Arts wedding index
Anni Arts designs unique cardmaking kits, templates, scrapbooking, chocwrappers, wedding stationery, favors and ebooks to download and print. There's a super Anni Arts Printable Crafts Club, Licenses for Home Business Crafters and many Freebies for Art Mail Subscribers too. And if you like the designs, but are not a crafter, there are many ready goods and online scrapbooks to order.http://www.anniarts.com/
• Subscribe to Anni Arts Art Mail
• The same password is valid for all Anni Arts freebies.Don't miss the monthly Friday Freebie and weekly Weekend Wrapper series free on this blog. Chocolate wrappers from Vintage graphics with many themes for all occasions! Nothing beats a nice choc slab as a quick gift. Start collecting your arsenal of wrappers.