Continuing the series on black and white wedding themes.
2 IDEAS and INSPIRATION FOR A BLACK and WHITE WEDDING
A black and white wedding is suitable for many wedding styles. One of the most adaptable is a relaxed country-style wedding. This in turn could be of the grand manor house variety or be cozy and pretty cottage affair.
When I talk about country style I don't mean the frilly, fussy and contrived country style of a couple of years ago. I'm talking about a contemporary version with easy coordination, retro touches, romantic overtones and attention to small details. The type of wedding where everybody is at ease - in the spirit of old time country weddings when an entire villiage and district would turn up. And invitations, favors, flowers and food were homemade, handmade and self made.
If you want to go upmarket with a more sophisticated touch, the venue could be a pretty country hotel, an established country club, a country estate complete with manor house, or an old wayside inn. In the European countries you could opt for a rural French chateau, a German Landhaus, a Swedish slott or the equivalents of these in old countries.
Then again it might be a vintage town or church hall, a childhood home, a barn on a farm or a summer cottage garden. The venue can even be the couple’s own first cottage, townhouse or apartment if it is a small event with only the closest friends and family attending. Intimate wedding celebrations have been of the nicest I have attended and I see a return to this trend now that weddings that have the budget of a small country, might be out of financial reach for many people.
There are many ways to get country-ease even in the busiest city. It all depends on the mood and the look. Keep it informal and make it pretty. Once you've decided on a style your next task will be to choose a graphic for your black and white wedding theme.
Staying with the country-style, a suitable BW graphic could be:
• An old engraving or lithograph
• An illustration from a vintage advertisement
• A toile de Jouy-type bucolic landscape and people
• A BW botanical print
• A woodcut or scraperboard illustration
• An etching
• A pen and ink drawing
• Folksy paper cutouts – many countries have folk tradition of paper cutting and contemporary artists love this medium too.
• Black and White Clipart
• A bold lino cut or silkscreen
• A black and white photograph of a romantic scene, flowers or vintage wedding.
It is important to start with a suitable graphic because your wedding stationery sets the tone for the entire black and white wedding theme. It’s a winning choice – whether you choose plain white budget stationery or fancy textured paper. You could also opt for cream or ivory colored paper - especially if your dress is going to be any of these tones.
Anni Arts has Black and White Wedding printables in a pretty BW paper-cutout design, as downloads, CD and scrapbook items
Anni Arts has professionally designed and illustrated printable crafts, templates and graphics specially created for crafters by designer Anneke Lipsanen http://www.anniarts.com/
You may use this article in its entirety as long as the Anni Arts credit above is included
• Printables with a birdcage and lovebird theme in Black and White or in Black and White plus pink or red
• Silver and white make a nice alternative and is also applicable to silver wedding anniversaries
• See the whole Anni Arts wedding index
Anni Arts designs unique cardmaking kits, templates, scrapbooking, chocwrappers, wedding stationery, favors and ebooks to download and print. There's a super Anni Arts Printable Crafts Club, Licenses for Home Business Crafters and many Freebies for Art Mail Subscribers too. And if you like the designs, but are not a crafter, there are many ready goods and online scrapbooks to order.http://www.anniarts.com/
• Subscribe to Anni Arts Art Mail
• The same password is valid for all Anni Arts freebies.Don't miss the monthly Friday Freebie and weekly Weekend Wrapper series free on this blog. Chocolate wrappers from Vintage graphics with many themes for all occasions! Nothing beats a nice choc slab as a quick gift. Start collecting your arsenal of wrappers.